Wednesday, September 10

About Direction and Discpline

I feel like lately I am being gently guided into a new and exciting phase of life. I am not sure if it something I am desiring this myself or its a leading by the Holy Spirit, but either way, I am looking forward to it.

Meanwhile, Pastor Wicks preached a smoking sermon on discipline on Saturday, which resonates with me on a very personal level. I have always been a "microwave oven" as once described - get excited, do it fast and cool down quickly. I think that applies to more areas that what was initally alluded to . But discipline is all about the long haul isn't it? Like how Usain Bolt and Michael Phelps started preparing for a moment that was 4 years in the future.

So what do I need to be disciplined about?

Ha ha. Wrong question.

I think the right question is - How can I shift my entire way of thinking into a discipline paradigm.

But don't, dear friend, resent God's discipline; don't sulk under his loving correction - Proverbs 3:11

For sound advice is a beacon, good teaching is a light, moral discipline is a life path Proverb 6:23

No comments: