Tuesday, August 10

Weddings and Dedications

Last Saturday was a whirlwind of activity what with my cousin Joe getting married on Saturday and FGA's new building dedication on Sunday morning. Needless to say, I was grateful for the National Day PH to finally get some downtime.

But I digress...

Joe's wedding sermon by Pastor Stanley Wong is what I want to talk about. Unlike the soppy message about love and wonderful memories and children and turtledoves, his message was more like a deterrent to marriage, if you think its about the above.

He said," Marriage is not about happiness; its about holiness".

WHAM! It hit me like a bolt from the blue.

"The more difficult your spouse is, the more opportunity you have to let God work in you and increase your holiness."

WHAM! again.

I am not saying I liked hearing it. I am just saying it said something to me.

No comments: