Wednesday, July 11

New Beginnings

I started my new job on Monday and it's been good. It is a totally different ball game though, because it is so different from working for a family-run SME, but I think I will be learning alot of new things here.

As usual, working in marketing means there will be a lot of people who love you and a lot of people who hate you. In this organisation, there also seems to be a lot of politics - inter-section, inter-department and interpersonal. I think I am going to stay out of it as much as I can. Gossip is just a devious double-edged sword, one that I want no part of.

My team seems to be a very talented lot. Alot of the people here are new, so I think we will all have to adjust to each other. There are a couple of old timers (meaning been here 10 years), but they seem to be nice and friendly people. One of them looks like a neater version of Jeff Goldblum, which provides nice eye candy. :)And he sits right in front of me :) :)

I love my new work environment. So green and luscious, everywhere you look, trees, trees and more trees, which is a lovely change from the dry dusty industrial park I worked in before. Getting to work also takes a lot less time. Thank God for bus lanes, where I travel and happily watch all the cars stuck in the selfish, arrogant desires of one another.

The IT here leaves much to be desired though. My mailbox can only hold 10MB of space (!), and Outlook keeps hanging. And every thing is still paper based, from member records to staff leave application.

Well, that's my first report. I go on my first journalistic assignment today, so I will have more to say later in the week, I am sure.

Cheerio!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh how exciting! Glad you're enjoying your new job (even if 10MB leaves a LOT to be desired) ;)