Thursday, September 10

Random Update

It has been a few days since the end of hell week, where there were 4 major projects to complete. In the lull, I have been working on getting head screwed on right again, while preparing for the next wave of busyness, which is coming soon, I am sure.

Change is a recurring subject for this blog, because there is such alot of it in my life, I guess. Very soon, there will be changes at work, and I will trying to exact changes in my personal life as well. Limbo is not really my thing.

*****

Hanan's streaming exams are literally around the corner, and we have to get cracker-lacking! His Tamil is a big worry, not so much that he has to pass this exam, but rather, what if he does and can't handle it at P5 and PSLE? Am I needlessly torturing my child? While its fine to promote mother tongue education and all, there really should be other alternatives.

Sigh.

*****

Really looking forward to my trip to HK in Oct. This will my first time to this land that many people think Singapore is a part of. More than anything, I think I am looking forward to the break. From work, from home, from responsibilities and expectations. And also from the fair shores of Singapore, which I have not left since .... I can't remember when. The timing is a bit sucky, right before exam fever, but still...


*****
Went to watch The Proposal on Monday. Been ages since I saw a decent rom-com, so I really enjoyed it. Its amazing how Sandra Bullock still looks so hot. And the role suited her to a T, even though she doesn't really play strong woman characters. Go Sandra Bee! Ryan Reynolds is a bit of a hottie too, although I didn't exactly see a wide enough range of emotions in this movie to be able to tell anything about his acting ability.

*****

And that's it.

2 comments:

shroom said...

i think i wanna watch the proposal later, deserve a bit of a break...

and you'll find a lot of similarities between hongkong and singapore. i thought singapore models itself after hongkong a lot i.e. copies their stuff. haha.

tiffanygoh said...

i LOVED The Proposal!!

laughed from start to end. and yes, the movie portrayed ryan reynolds as quite a hottie, i agree! (;

ooh i like HK. nice if you're looking for somewhere with a lively, carnival-like vibe. i hope you'll enjoy it!