Thursday, August 27

10 years

This day, ten years ago, at 9:27 am, my life changed.

I now had another person to take care of. Of me and yet independant of me. Mine and yet, not quite. Of more worth than silver of gold, and yet just a bundle of wrinkly flesh. And good lungs.

What people said:
- He is so perfect
- You are so blessed
- He is going to be a wonderful being
- He will bring you joys you didn't know about

What they didn't say
- You will never sleep again
- Your body will never get over it
- You will find out the most wonderful and most evil things about yourself
- You will feel sorrow about things that didn't matter before

They were right. But so were the unspoken words.

One thing I do know. I wouldn't change it for the world. He is my only arrow in my quiver, but he would be the one I want next to me, come what may.

He is my baby, my son, my kid, my joy, my trial and my greatest blessing.

Happy birthday son!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, TEN YEARS! Happy blessed birthday, Hanan. May you grow to be all that God plans for you to be. Love, Aunty Chin and Uncle Craig

shroom said...

awesome stuff (=