Wednesday, August 27

Happy Birthday Hanan


My baby is nine.

Has it really been almost 10 years since I was in the first flush of motherhood, throwing my guts up after drinking even water?

Has it been 8 years since he took his halting steps, and made us jump up and rush to his side everytime he fell?

Has it been five whole years since his first day of school, where his teacher had to pry his little hands of mine, and I walked away crying more than he was?

Was it only 3 years ago that that I decided I wouldn't do the kiasu parent thing and not put my boy in 400 enrichment classes, but let him find his passion and follow in on his own?

Wow.

Happy birthday son! I hope you become the man God intends for you to be.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nal,

Yes! It has been that many months and years..

Here's to many more to come!