Saturday, August 2

Swim Team Mania

Olympic Fever was rampant at my work place this morning as the US Swim Team had a meet and greet session with the members and the press. 100s of people turned up armed with posters, autograph books, swim boards, caps, T shirts.. basically anything that a marker can be applied to.

While I wasn't really into swimming etc, I was really inspired by Dara Torres, who at 41 is the oldest swimmer on the team AND who is swimming faster now than she did when she was in her 20s.

But being the shy and retiring person that I am, I never told anyone that of the 40 over swimmers, she is the one I really wanted to meet.

Read this next bit carefully, cos this is proof that my God is good and loves me.

We met the Media Director for the Swim Team yesterday and she said she had a last minute media request for a one to one interview and can one of us organise it. My boss volunteered me (as bosses do). I expected it would be Phelps or Coughlin, cos that was all the media here was interested in covering.

Then the Media Director says, "Ok Nalinee, I will see you by the pool at 8.30 and you can bring Dara to the interview."

And I am like "Dara??! Dara Torres?"

So, I got to spend 20 exclusive minutes with Dara, and see a side of her no one here got to see.
Oh, and I got this.



How good is my God!!!

Anyhoo, here are some other random shots of the team for the rest of you.





5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! that is really awesome! (:

and i am so excited for the olympics. zhang yimou is doing the opening - i have high expectations!

Anonymous said...

Good. Heavens.
Those yummy men!

nAl said...

Carissa - Yummy is so the word!

Tiff - Zhang "emo". He he

Anonymous said...

Wow! Isn't that SO like God! Awesome! :-)

Anonymous said...

Dara Torres??

no kidding..you lucky woman