Sunday, March 29

Being ill is scary

I am usually in such good health that when I do fall sick, it really frightens me.

I have been nursing a sore throat and cough for about a week now, but on Friday, my throat to swell up. I looked like a bullfrog, which is not good since I seem to be running into a second chin anyway. It was painful to talk, eat, or even swallow saliva. I don't mind the not eating, but how was I going to survive without talking?! :)

So in a mindless panic, I went to see a doctor, who prescribed a dose of antibiotics. The swelling is gone down, but man, it sure does still hurt. However, I think the worse is over and I am going to live.

Which I why I think healing is probably the most under-rated of God's miracles. People were impressed by Jesus raising the dead, but he healed more people that He brought back to life. And he continues to heal.

SO my healing is in there somewhere as well. And I am glad for it.

2 comments:

vicky said...

tell me about it...i've been to the doctor's three times in two weeks! :( with three different illnesses!! weak la!
and i miss you...haven't seen you for...it will be coming to three weeks!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Nal, hope u get well soon. Its the flu bug flyin' arnd. Drink lotsa water ya!

From : gal-who-reads-ur-blog-and-gets-inspired

Es :)