Saturday, April 24

Restaurant Review - Wild Honey

One of the best things about this flexi-schedule that I have adopted is the opp to meet friends and angels for weird middle of the day meals and chit chat sessions. Had one recently with one of my goondu friends at an amazing brunch place called Wild Honey, located at the third floor of the Mandarin Gallery.

Ok, this is not, I repeat NOT, a cheao eats place. Brunch set us back about $70 bucks. When I say us, I mean him, because he was sweet enough to treat me after he noticed that I almost went into cardiac arrest upon looking at the menu/ price board.

But, oh, was it good.

I had the English Breakfast and the nectar of the gods for a drink. Except they call it Wild Mocha Dolce. It was the first time I was served more bacon than I could eat. The sauteed mushrooms were perfect, as was the link sausage and the most heavenly scrambled eggs. The toast was about as thick as my index finger and wonderfully buttered. My dining partner has the most atas looking eggs benedict, which tasted really good, and I dont really like eggs ben, so there you go.

And then we just figuratively popped our pants and sat there for another hour, like pythons that has swallowed a whole pig each. And talked. And dreamed. And were quiet together. AIn't it grand to have friends you can be quiet with? That you don't have to entertain. Or be entertained by.

The best thing about that morning, besides the great feed, was finding a place in your soul where you didn't feel rushed, and then finding a physical space that didn't rush you either. In Singapore at least, seldom do the twain meet.


Post note: I just went to hungrygowhere to read the reviews on Wild Honey and was really surprised to read all the really bad reviews on the food and service. My exprrience was nothing like that. Maybe they have pulled up their socks after those reviews. Or maybe all those reviewers went on weekends that are never good for any brunch place anyway. We went on the a Thursday.

But ya, I had a divine experience and I think you should try it for yourself.

No comments: