Thursday, March 27

Pillowman

I am going to watch The Pillowman.

I am excited much for several reasons.

1) The first time I tried to watch it (in December), I waited too late to buy tickets and they were all sold out. (My nice friends got me tickets to Chitty Chitty Bang Bang instead, which is not a bad thing at all, but I digress)

2) It will be my first adult movie/play/entertainment in ages! I haven't seen a movie since Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium (yeah, I know)and this is going to be so different - deep, analytical, full of dark symbolism and wonderful allegory (one hopes). I am also looking forward to the time after the play, when I can sit around with my friends and de-construct the whole thing. Rather they will deconstruct and I will sit and nod wisely.

3) It will be first visit to the DBS Arts Centre. I have been by it, but never in it, so this will be different.

4) It will give me yet another reason to set reality aside and live in this fanstasy world where I am this successful young woman who has everthing going for her, who is enjoying a care-free evening with her cultured and educated friends, in her perfect little world on a balmy tropical evening.

Hey, who needs a reality check? Not me, baby.

2 comments:

midnightsunshine said...

ah, it's really all a bunch of stories!!! ... or is it?

midnightsunshine said...

ah, it's all really a bunch of stories only!!! or is it?!?!?!