Wednesday, June 18

Dancing in the moonlight aka Birthday Post II

It was the perfect ending to a beautiful day. I couldn't have asked for better. A picked me up at 7.30 from Far East Plaza, where I had hurriedly changed out of my birthday clothes (as opposed to a birthday suit) and into comfortable jeans and T shirt.

A. was slightly tardy, but it was fun people watching at Far East. It's like entering a different paradigm, where everyone has an extra W chromosome.

Anyway, she drove us to East Coast Park, near the old Big Splash (what is that place called now anyway?)There, as the gentle breeze blew through my carefully brushed hair, creating what looked like an Amy Winehouse bird's nest, I saw M, R and J in the distance, engaged in what looked like successful "chope-ing" of a stone table.

At A's insistance, we spread some mats on the sand and sat down. The guys tried their darnest to light candles and finally managed to light one. Which is a good thing, because it was kinda dark.

G joined us just as we opened the food - talk about good timing. We laughed and talked more than we ate, but that's good.

There was a stange little outdoor pub nearby that had a guitar and singer duo who started off well, but got progressively worse at the night wore on. But they added so much fun to the night, as we sang along, almost as badly as they did.

My chocolate fudge cake was perfect, especially with the one candle that the boys managed to light, and hold lit by cupping 4 pairs of hands around it, so that I had the fun of blowing out. I have the best friends. Have I mentioned that already?

Here are ten things that I find out I mean to my dearest and nearest. Thank you A, for making them do the "Nalinee Appreciation" speeches.
1) Witty
2) Intelligent
3) Funny
4) Aggressive
5) Task Oriented
6) Purveyor of useless facts and info
7) Drama Mama
8) Dependable
9) Trustworthy
10) Loved

With that much affirmation, how can anyone ask for a better birthday eh?

No comments: