Monday, May 15

Sit Still!

So today I tried to practise what was preached and decided to not get excited or ruffled by all the Monday madness and just "maintain balance". I decided to throw away everything that was too drama and just do the things that were actually within my control.

And you know what? It works. When people see that you are not getting ruffled, they tend to stay calm too, and so much more gets done. Although it looks like u are being less busy.

I think that if more of us learned how to sit still, we will also learn to walk better. Cos u cut out on all the unnecessary walking.

Does this make sense to anyone else?

Today is the 58th anniversary of the nation of Israel - a nation that noone thought will ever exist again, and against all odds, not only was formed, but survived. It is the Holy Land, which houses a holy people. (Coming from the old meaning of "holy". which is separated, set apart). And they are a people who after years of wandering, learned how to sit still. And how well they sit, inspite of the best efforts of their enemies.

If I don't teach my kid anything else, I must teach him the value of sitting and taking stock. Of looking within himself for answers, and for keeping cool.

So, chill, y'all!

No comments: