Thursday, February 1

My 7 year old wears size 6 shoes

Hanan has been bugging me to buy him these roller shoes for the longest time (since Christmas), so I finally tracked down a brand that I can afford and makes good quality ones. Forget Heely's, they are like $100 a pair, and you will soon see why I am not making that investment.


I invested in the cheaper Taiwanese brand e-rollers, which at a fraction of the cost, seemed like a much better make of shoes.

Because Hanan was not with me, I used the scientific method utilised by mothers everywhere - I used my hand to gauge his size. His feet are about one inch longer than my hand, wrist to tip of middle finger. So I figured Size 5 will be the best bet.

The shortfall of this method is, it does not account for width. There is no way to measure that. Or the thickness of the foot. I brought the shoes home, put them on a very excited boy and realised there is no way we are going to get these laced up. There was simply no room.

Back to the store (it was one of the kiosk vendor things at Jurong East, so I thank God they were still there). The lady kindly exchanges them for a pair of size 6 erollers, which fit the boy perfectly, with a little room for socks.

I think I better start researching where Shaquille O'Neal buys shoes. Gonna need that info before too long.

Still can't believe it.

3 comments:

4wD said...

Wow. I want those too!

Anonymous said...

ah! an avid reader of ur blog here- i had no idea u had a son!you look so young! anyway just saw an earlier blog post of urs which has his pic- very cute boy :)
-shan

nAl said...

lol, things like this really bring out the child in us, don't they?

Shan, thanks for reading me, and the compliment. I think so too!