Wednesday, January 31

Extraordinary lunches at Pandan Loop


This may look like an ordinary pasta marinara to most of you. But when you work in Pandan Loop, Boondocks, End of the Civilised World, there is nothing ordinary about it.

Staples is a little restaurant on the 2nd floor, above the canteen, that caters to people who desperately need a change from the food that is served in the canteen downstairs. Like me today. I knew that if I had to grapple with ladies who save seats with tissue packs, or people who peer at your food while you are eating it, somebody would lose life.

I won't go into how bad the situation is, because I have covered that in this other post, but suffice it to say, it's bad enough to make a plate of some soggy overcooked pasta and a few randomly selected seafood bits drowned in tomato sauce seem likeMichelin 3 star quality.

How much did that little dish, plus a starter and dessert set me back? $13.90
How much is the food downstairs $2.50
But, man, was it worth it!

No comments: