Friday, January 5

How can I miss you if you won't go away?

I know I am a sociable extrovert who loves being around people and engaging them, but once in a while, I do like my own space. Just time to be alone in the house, with myself, walking around singing, naked if I like. As my friend Heather puts it, "when you are free to walk through the house, flatulating, without being embarassed."

Fool that I was, I thought that in the nine days that I was on leave, there would be at least one day that I will get that opportunity. After all, it doesn't seem like much to ask for is it?

But, nooooo.

Turns out there are people in the world who can stay in the house, and not leave, not even to go to the store, for days and days and DAYS on end. That's right. The person I live with did not leave the house to go ANYWHERE the whole time I was home. Not to take a walk, not to meet a friend, nothing.

I just don't get it. That would be my idea of imprisonment, of solitary confinement and torture.

And in the meantime, I did not get any time alone to just ..be.
It's at times like this, when I miss my uni days, when I didnt have to see people when I didn't want to, and could head down the street 15 min to my pub when I did.

Maybe its time to reconsider a post graduate course.

No comments: