Tuesday, January 30

Sugar Pushing

Yesterday's lesson, while no less fun, was really gruelling. I actually broke a sweat this time. Thankfully, the partners I dance with are real nice fellas, who commented neither on the wetness, nor the er, aroma.

Dancing is very sexual. I have covered this point on a previous post about Salsa already, but the need to re-iterate this is because of a move that we learned yesterday. The Sugar Push.

Imagine 2 sticks with connection by toffee. Now pull those two sticks apart and they will provide resistance to come back together. That's what a sugar push is.

This is sorta what it looks like. These people in the video are doing it very modestly, but its really a very sensual move. The way my teachers do it looks a lot more raw.
<

I had such a hard time getting over my initial embarassment doing it. The thing is, its actually a very nice move when executed well. I just ended up cracking my knuckles and almost breaking my partner's fingers.

No comments: