Saturday, June 16

Another Year

I apologise for the long blog absence, but really, so much has been going on, that I havent had time to stop and record stuff.

For one thing, I just had a birthday *blush*. Yep, I turned 34 on Wednesday, and spent it with Otrie and Hanan in Downtown East, in one of the chalets. It was good to take the time off to relax with my family and just enjoy each other (as far as that is possible!)

A few things that hit me while I was there:
1) I will never been this young again.
2) This will by far be the most challenging year of my life, as my friend said "the most mountain tops"
3) This will be year where more things happen, career and finances-wise, faster than they have happened in the past.

Hmm, on that note, I decided to not worry about how I look in my yellow swimsuit (like Big Bird), and have fun. So i went on every ride at Wild Wild Wet and Escape Theme Park! Now pple who know me, know that I am not usually a thrill ride person, so this was quite a stretch for me.

In the evening, we went to Mumtaz Mahal at Downeast for dinner. Firstly, an Indian fine dining restaurant in a place where flip flips and sarongs are de rigeur is an anomaly in itself. Then, we were the first customers and the only ones there for about 20 mins. So we had a good chat with our waiter, who has had the most fascinating career. Worked in India, Middle East, US and now Singapore, managing the most high end restaurants. He said he took this job because he wanted to slow down and have more time for his family (!) Which, you know, is as it should be.

I was supposed to go to work the next day, but the pool water set off my earache again, so I happily went to the doctor, and then happily went home. And slept all afternoon. It was the perfect way to end a great birthday celebration.

Here are some pictures
Waiting for our turn


How high is 15 m again?


Go Karting

Pool Fun.

The rest of the pictures are here.

3 comments:

Spider42 said...

Hey!
Good on you, youre only as young as you feel and lifes too short to spend it feeling old or self conscious!
happy birthday (belatedly of course), it looks and sounds like you guys had a real good time, nice.
Cheers...

Anonymous said...

happy belated bday greetings miss nal! hehe- n hey- u looking good :)

Shan

nAl said...

Thanks dude and shan. Your well wishes mean the world to me!