Thursday, December 14

The Charleston

As they say here in Singapore, "The Charleston is very the siong!" (Translation: Dearie me! That was rather difficult to master, wasn't it?)


For those who have never heard of this dance form, this is it.

Of course, I did not look anything like that, during my first lesson yesterday. And thankfully, neither did the rest of the 10 or 12 students who were there, although some of them had some basic dance experience in various forms. This stuff is hard man! Takes alot of energy, alot of letting go of your inhibitions and just...swinging.

What we learned yesterday was 20s Charleston, and just the basics at that. All that freestyling and improv that make up the soul of the dance will have to come later. Much later, for me at least.

For now, I will concentrate on getting my calves and thighs to stop aching, and listen to some Ella and Louis. That'll do me.

No comments: