Sunday, April 8

He was, so I won't be.

At the cross,

He was made poor, stripped of all his clothing,
So that I will never be naked.

He was hungry and thirsty, with nothing but sour wine to drink,
So that I wil never know lack for food or drink.

He was beaten, lashed, lacerated beyond endurance,
so that my body will always be whole and healthy.

He was humiliated, mocked and scorned,
so that I can hold my head up high.

He wore a crown of thorns,
so my head will be free of worry.

His hands and legs were nailed into wood,
so that mine will be free to do His bidding.

He was cut off from His Father who turned His back on His Son,
so that my connection to God will never be lost.

He endured the fullness of God's wrath, like a fire from heaven,
so that God will never ever be angry with me again.

His side and heart were peirced,
so my heart will never be in pain.

Is this a Lamb, who made such a sacrifice?
Is this a man, who went beyond life to love someone?
Or is this God, who, desperate for his child, gave His all,
and shed His blood.

His name is Yeshua, Hebrew for "He saves"
And he is my Lord, my God and my All.

Resurrection Sunday Blessings to all!



About the picture: It is from a very cool site of Christian Art called The Light and Dark Series. Check it out here.

No comments: