Wednesday, June 28

I am on a 70s fixation

I don't know what sparked it off. Maybe it was that night at Gold Dust, with its ABBA and Gloria Gaynor. Maybe it was recent events that led to 70s nostalgia. Whatever the cause, my friends will have to put up with me wearing blue, green and gold eyeshadow and listening to 70s hits for the next few days.

The worse thing that happened in the 70s is probably music videos like this.



I don't get this video at all. What did they plug the instruments into? Whats with the very strange "guru" clothes the pianist is wearing? How did three women come out of a tent that small?

The mind boggles.

Then on the flip side of the coin, you have this beautiful tune by David Gates. Never mind that he is lip-synching (rather well, I might add).


Next post, I will do fashion. They had some really cool clothes back then.

No comments: