Friday, June 30

Pay Day!

Finally! This has been such a long month, especially the last two weeks. Its funny how the end of the month seems so far away when you are on a shoestring budget.
This month I am going to be good. I will:-
1) Tithe
2) Pay off some bills
3) Pay off the loan (goke akka, I lowe you!)
4) Make sure I do only 2 movies and 2 club nights.
5) Eat wisely, and cheaply

And let's hope this month is shorter than June.

*****

I do not understand how nuns and priests can go without bodily contact with another human being all their lives. Just 2 weeks, and I feel like my flesh is becoming hypersenstive to the warmth of another human being. The other day I was standing a bit too close to this man on the train, and I could have sworn the skin on my arm was straining to get closer to him. Total stranger, some more! So macam desperate, right?

I need a hug.

(PS: Hugs from my 6 year old are lovely, but not the same.)

******

The Lakehouse is a movie that will be launched on 28th July. But I am already in love with it. Firstly Keanu and Sandra - enough said. (yes, we ARE on first name basis.)

Second, the premise of the story is so beautiful - a lowe story that is about the heartache of not being able to be with the one you love. No, noone dies in it (I think).

Lastly, any movie with cinematography like that is a winner in my Oscars. The setting was perfect, the lighting muted, even the weather was a perfect blend of crisp and cold.

So please place your bids for the pleasure of my company on the 28th of July to see The Lake House. I will pick the winner based on sincerity of plea, allure of pre- and post-movie plans and of course willing to pay for my ticket lah.

No comments: