Friday, September 8

Why I don't work in customer service - a rant

I hate customers.

I know they are the lifeblood of every business yadda yadda yadda.. but really, they suck. Here are a few case studies from today (just one day!) that may help you understand why customers suck.

Case #1
Guy puts down delivery address as Tampines. We despatch the driver there post haste because he says its urgent. 10 Minutes before driver gets there, customer calls and says, err.. can you deliver to Boon Lay instead? To non-Singaporeans, thats like changing the delivery address to Washington State after first specifying Florida.

Case #2
She-imp calls up and complains that we are late with delivery, even though no promise of delivery date was made. Says with maximum sarcasm "Wah, you all, collect money so fast, but delivery take so long ah?"

Maybe this is the first time she is buying stuff after rejoining society, leaving behind the wolves that raised her.

Case #3
Old geezer calls up.
OG: "I want to return the printer."
Me: "Why sir? what's wrong with it?"
OG: " My computer has no UPS connector!"
Me: "Sir, do you mean USB?"
OG: "Yeah, you all never tell me I need this UPS port!"
Me: "Yes, but Sir, we specified that it comes with a USB cable. Surely that would have indicated the need for USB connection."
OG: "How I know? I am an old man. I dunno this new gadgets all. Anyway I still cannot use it. The brochure says Win 98 and upwards, my computer is running on Windows 95"
Me: *Faint*


Case #4
Customer calls, sounds irritated.
Cus: "When are you going to deliver my goods? I wait since Wednesday you know."
Me: " Well, ma'am, I am pleased to tell you that your goods will be delivered today!"
Cus: "Oh, today cannot! I not in."
Me: *Bang head against receiver*

No comments: