Tuesday, November 18

Christmas What?

What is the true meaning of Christmas?

When R threw the question up yesterday during the programming meeting, I realised that I had actually been thinking about that sub consciously.

I always thought of Christmas as a time to get together with friends and family to celebrate the birth of Christ.

But since this way, my family is going to be away, I am thinking maybe not. Maybe its not about parties, or get togethers, or sing a longs, or present buying.

Maybe its a reminder of what God did. And yes, it still amazes me that He did it.

So as I fling myself into preparing for the Christmas service and the musical, I am going to remember that.

It's all about the promise. And how He kept it to me.

1 comment:

Spider42 said...

Its a little cheesy but honestly I think we need things like christmas to remind us about fellowship and decency.
It comes across as repetitive and cliche to many, but its a reminder. We need these things, now more than ever - not for the religious significance or any such thing, but to reiterate the messages.
We tell kids the stories and homilies and lessons and it helps us remember them before a new year begins.
Cheers..