Thursday, November 6

Theatre Review - Avenue Q

"It sucks to be me."

For at least two weeks before Avenue Q, I had to listen to my colleague sing this one line over and over. So the musical opened this song, I couldn't help but smile, then giggle, then all out laugh at the irony of it.

Yes,it sucks to be you. But its only for now.

That's pretty much the gist of the musical. This Rent-meets-Sesame Street Braodway hit was probably a lot more edgy before being politically correct became our society's all-consuming passion.

But the shennanigans of the puppets were definitely overshadowed by the pure talent of the human cast. Especially Kate Monster and Lucy the Slut's human. And Christmas Eve - My, that woman can sing.

I hope J and A enjoyed it as much as I did. The irreverent humour and keen wit are just what we need in this tremulous and sombre times.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Was Gary Coleman there? Cos it sucks to be him more.

BTW, There's a new Ender Book.

cheers!