Saturday, November 1

Gone

It was only on Sunday that he was telling me that his oldest daughter just started university and he had taken a 10 grand loan against his credit card for her tuition.
He shared how he laughingly told his daughter that she knows what to do when she starts working, and that he was planning to pay the loan off with his year end bonus.

And yesterday, he was let go. Just like that. No warning, no apology.

He was one of the most hardworking guys I have met, who managed to stay on top of both the operations and the paperwork. Sure, we had our differences, but he was also professional enough to work through them and never let it get personal.

He is a good father and husband, who had put aside his career ambitions because they got in the way of the quality time with his family. I remember the countless times he opted to go home and eat with his kids rather than enjoy the five star food available to us.

I will probably never understand why they did this to him, but I can't think of anyone who deserved it less.

I will miss you, my friend. I hope our paths cross again.

Meanwhile, it leaves us all wondering - when will it be my turn?

No comments: