Tuesday, November 11

Overheard on the bus

There were these two young Filipino students on the bus today. One was sitting in the front seat that faces the whole bus. The other was standing near the exit door. Strangely, neither of them beleived that this was inappropriate for having a loud conversation about justice and trust. Some of it was in Tagalog, but the important bits were in English (Kinda like tamil movies, where the hero will wax lyrical about the heroine in Tamil for 6 minutes, and then end with "Actually, I lowe you."

But I digress. So this conversation, highly personal is going on. Meanwhile noone else on the bus is talking. People have unplugged themselves from earpieces to listen to the saga unfold.

F1: The thing is, I don't judge you. Why you do judge me?

F2: (Rapid fire tagalog followed by:) I am not judging you. I just need you to listen and trust me.

F1: But I don't judge you. Why are you judging?

F2: It's not about judging. Its about caring for your friends.

F1: But why do you judge? I don't judge.

(Note: F1 only had one line. But boy did he work it!)

And on and on it went. From Woodlands to Yishun MRT. Then I had to get off, so I don't know how it ended.

Did F1 feel accepted in the end for who he is?

Did F2 get the trust he so badly needed from his friend?

If anyone who was on the bus is reading this, let me know how it pans out.

No comments: