Thursday, July 20

am not in a blogging mood...

Maybe it's Mr Brown's song, or just the downward spiral my life has been taking recently, I'm just too sian to blog.

Things have not been going according to plan, and I know that life is unexpected yadda yadda yadda, but I hate not having control over the things that affect me. I gues this is one of those "let go and let God" moments.

On the upside, I just finished a 22 page transcription, so I do feel a small sense of fulfilment. This piece of work has been pending for about 1.5 months now, so I am glad I am done with it. Now, I can't wait for the next one.

One of the little nuggets of truth I uncovered during this transcription thing is this:- never do something, expecting the reward. That is the way of the world, but its not the best way. Instead, do your work as an expression of who you are, and the rewardsw will come look for you!

I am preaching. I know. But its more for me to hear than anyone lah, so no need to get offended all.

I am getting a little jaded with the office politics too. As a department, we are fine, but so many people resent our existence, I wonder how they decided to hire us in the first place. We are the necessary evil, I guess.

Anyways, I feel like I am just ranting now, so I will stop and let you move on to a more interesting blog.

Ciao

P.S Do NOT eat at this new restaurant at Citilink, called New York, New York. Unless you are into substandard pseudo American food, clueless wait staff and paying over the top prices for stuff that mainly comes out of a can.

No comments: