Saturday, July 29

Jam at Indoor Stadium

Up to the point where I was sitting at the indoor stadium waiting for the stage lights to come on, I was sure if I wanted to be there. I don't usually enjoy praise and worship all that much. Once the first half hour passes, it all gets a bit repetitive and draggy for me.

A friend once said, sometimes we worship, and sometimes we sing songs. Last night was sort of like that. The first 10 minutes I just sang songs. They were good songs, full of meaning and melody. And written by a very talented pool of people at New Creation Church.

But gradually, I found myself being lifted by the music. I looked around at the people from my vantage corner seat, and instead of a sea of faces, I saw individuals who were determined to leave their worries, emotions and cares below and soar with the music.

And I realised it doesnt matter that I feel like crap, or my emotions are on overload. Because it was a time for my God and me to dance together and enjoy each other's company.

And we did. And it was good.

No comments: