Friday, July 14

Burgers, Buddies and Blessings

Carl's Jr has completely changed the burger eating experience of Singaporeans. (I speak of burger chains, and not restuarants that also make a good burger). Gone are the days where we will pay close to $7 for a Big Mac Meal that will half satisfy you with their rubbery meat patties and dry hard buns. Or the $7++ flame broiled "Have it your way" burger, that is so obviously stuck in a microwave for reheating.


Carl's Jr is the "put hairs on your chest" burger joint. Portions I can hardly hold in my tiny hands, generous amounts of extras like bacon, chili or guacamole and a taste explosion when you bit into it. Sorry its a little messy, but the napkin dispensers on your tables means you are not at the mercy of the harried waiter, while you drip tomato sauce down your tshirt.

And free flow drinks - THAT'S what I am talking about!

Please try the sourdough burger. It's amazing!(Here's a promo for $2 off too)

Thanks Wicks and PKH for the great time!

****************************************

Just My Luck is your ultimate chick flick. Or should I say teen chick flick. Lots of kissing, lotsa romance, but no tongue and no jumping in bed with clothes off.
I realised for the first time how majorly freckled Lindsay Lohan is.

The movie is your basic girl meets guy formula with the strange twist - luck passing from her to him through a kiss. If you saw the movie Prelude to a Kiss, you will know this is not a new concept.

What I liked: Chris Pine is a cross between Rob Lowe and the Baldwins, which makes him really yummy. Very likable, very sweet.

What I disliked:- The story was a little predictable and little formulaic. There were points that I had to really try and pretend I didn't know what was going to happen next. (Rhordan, if you read this, I wasn't kidding about the duct tape. Deconstruct in your head, not out loud, ok?)

Still can't wait for The Lake House to open.

No comments: