Friday, October 6

Should I write?

I have decided to write a book.

Ok, it may end up being a novella, or even a short story, but the point being, I think I have a story to tell and that people may think it's worth reading.

One of my favourite authors,Orson Scott Card, has a really cool writer's guide, which is material that he uses for his writing lessons in UNC. And I have been so inspired by his "lessons". (click here to link to his site)

The first lesson is, I beleive, to write about something where you know the subject matter intimately. Therefore this will not be a sci fi book,(although I love the genre). It will probably be a family drama, since I am Indian, and in my family, got plenty drama.

I also hope I can keep the chick lit element out of it, because more times than not, lighthearted books by women, about women,turn out being insipid, ridiculous and not very readable.

So if I do post passages or chapters of the book here, please do gimme your comments, won't ya?

Thanks. I knew I could count on you.

No comments: