Monday, October 30

You got to face the fats

I had a good conversation with a dear friend today who told me that we had to face the fats.

That's right. He was alluding to the fact that I was slightly fluffy and could stand to lose some fluff.

Now, to fully appreciate this, you have to understand a few things.

1) When we were in our 20s, I was the person who inspired him to lose weight.
2) I only started getting ridiculously large in the last 4 or 5 years.
3) I am a little tired of hauling all this extra baggage around, and its making me crabby inside.

And yes, it may come as a surprise to most of you, but I wasn't always the plump and cheerful person you know today. There was a time when I was a lean, mean, hard ass machine.

One good thing that came out of us "facing the fats" - I remembered that I had a gym membership. True, I havent used it in about 3 months, but I still have it.

So I can start anytime I want. Really.

No comments: